Monday, January 4, 2010

January 1, 2010:

Happy New Year! I can't believe 2010 is finally here. On one hand, it has been a long time in coming, on the other, it means there's really so little time between now and the Paralympic Games in March. I just recently finished my first races of the season in Austria. I got a 2nd in G.S. in Kuthai (photo attached) which was great. I also got a 4th in Slalom (also in Kuthai) and a 6th in the opening G.S. in Pitztal. A few of the other races were cancelled due to weather and snow so we didn't get as many starts as we would have liked, but it was still really good to get out there and "get the bugs out," so to speak. It was also - 20 or colder every single day that we were in Austria, so by the end of it we were frozen solid!

Back in October I got to spend the day at President's Choice headquarters in Toronto, along with Larisa Yurkiw of the able-bodied team. It was a fun day (photo attached) but, I'm sorry to say, Larisa has since sustained a knee injury. In fact, including Larisa, 5 members of the able-bodied Canadian team are out for the season due to injury.

I head back to Europe on Monday for World Cup races. First stop, Roll-Rinn/Patscher-Koffel, Austria, then Abtenau, Austria and finally Sestriere, Italy (which I am particularly looking forward to). It's going to be a long stretch on the road, but I really hope it goes well! Happy 2010!


No comments:

Post a Comment